Mountain Home Arkansas
Courtesy of the Mountain Home Chamber of Commerce
Just minutes from Norfork Lake and the largest city in Baxter County, Mountain Home Arkansas. Home to a variety of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment, Mountain Home has a population of over 14,000 and is an economic hub for an eight-county region.
If you feel that vacations shouldn’t include large crowds, long lines, or overpriced food and entertainment, then you’ll love vacationing here. In Mountain Home, you’ll be near the trout-filled waters of the White and North Fork Rivers; the nation’s first national river, the Buffalo River; and of course the clear, clean water of pristine Norfork Lake. The Mountain Home area is sure to please any outdoor enthusiast. If you enjoy fishing, water skiing, scuba diving, hiking, biking, boating, or anything wet, it’s all here for you. Regular visitors include grandparents who vacationed here as children. Visit and you’ll see why many have been vacationing here for 40 or more years. If you’d rather sight-see, shop and stay busy in town, come for a visit. You’ll be glad you came to vacation near and in Mountain Home, Arkansas.
Reasons folks love Mountain Home
- Fishing, hunting, and many more outdoor activities
- Water sports
- Pure water, clean air
- Four distinct mild-temperature seasons
- Friendly people
- Low cost of living
- Safe neighborhoods
- Small community atmosphere
In Mountain Home and the surrounding area, there is something for every age, lifestyle, and interest.
- Boating, Fishing, Swimming, Floating
- Two Golf Courses
- Diverse Dining featuring local cuisine
- Shopping – Antiques, Clothing, and the Unusual
- Sports fields (baseball, softball, soccer, tennis)
- Twin Lakes Playhouse – live local productions
- Friday Night Music on the Square all summer
- Farmer’s Market featuring fresh locally grown produce
- 3 City Parks
- Youth & Senior Center in Cooper Park
- Nature walking/hiking trails
- Public swimming pool open Memorial Day to Labor Day in Cooper Park
- Movie Theaters
- Historical and Genealogical Society
- Over 100 clubs and organizations to take part in
Mountain Home, the city of Norfork Lake, an oasis in the green forests of the Ozark Mountains.
For more information about Mountain Home, visit the Mountain Home Chamber website